A SOLUTION FOR OUR FUTURE
Flexiwaggon is a new and unique solution for intermodal freight transports on the railway and the roads in Sweden, Europe and the rest of the world. Flexiwagon enables more environmentally friendly, financially viable and rational transports.
Offering great opportunities for inter-modal transports since it can combine lorries, buses, cars, containers on one and the same wagon. The necessary equipment is integrated on each wagon.
- Flexiwagon can travel at speeds up to 160 kmph.
- Individual loading and unloading of wagons. To load or unload an entire train set takes 7 minutes.
- The driver will operate the loading or unloading of his truck.
- Loading and unloading is done horizontally which means no consideration is necessary for overhead contact lines.
- Loading and unloading can take place anywhere, in principle. The only requirement is a firm base, sufficiently hard to hold the weight of the vehicle to be loaded or unloaded.
- The lorry can drive on and off the wagon, no need for reversing.
- Shaft generators create energy stored in batteries on the wagon.
- Electrical outlets for 110/240/400V, 50-60 Hz. Customisation is performed for each market.
The weight of the wagon is heavier than for existing wagons. The standard Flexiwagon model can load up to 52 tonnes compared to 38-44 tonnes for similar solutions. The loading capacity in volume is also higher since Flexiwagon is extremely low-bedded with the result of strongly improved passability along the rail.