Flexiwaggon – the fastest route to an eco-friendly future
Coming to terms with environmental issues within the transport sector is one of the greatest challenges on the global market. A reduction in the emissions of carbon dioxide within this sector will make quite a difference; a difference possible to measure from the very first freight load. The technological solution is available and the market demands the product. Flexiwaggon is, as presented by Clean Tech Magasinet, the fastest route to an environmentally-friendly future.
The environmental benefits of Flexiwaggon are many and important. The greatest benefits relate to reducing the emissions of carbon dioxide but there are many more. There is less wear on the roads, the emissions of exhaust and tyre particles are reduced and maybe the most important – the solution contributes to improving road safety.
The climatic change is a topic of high priority for politicians all over the world and the means of control for reducing the emissions of carbon dioxide will be influencing the global economy; the emissions trading scheme is one example hereof. The markets and companies that invest in green technology such as Flexiwaggon, will be in leading positions, attain unique status and have strong arguments when marketing the companies and the brands. For Swedish companies such as ICA, finding eco-friendly transport solutions is a decisive competitive advantage.
Flexiwaggon enjoys the support of the Swedish Government, the Swedish Energy Agency, Swedish Rail Administration and transport companies such as Green Cargo and the Swedish Association of Road Haulage Companies. German research institutes and Dutch authorities support our work within Europe.
- Kg Carbon Dioxide per 10 km
Emissions of carbon dioxide A lorry emits 2.7 kg carbon dioxide per litre of diesel. This means that a lorry driving the length of Sweden, between Malmö and Luleå emits 1.9 tons of carbon dioxide. A train can accommodate approximately 20 lorries on this same route. This would result in a saving in carbon dioxide of approximately 40 tons per tour Malmö – Luleå.
Mikael Fjällström The Swedish Energy Agency
– The benefits for the national economy with Flexiwaggon are numerous. The emissions will be reduced by 75%, including carbon dioxide emissions, says Mikael Fjällström, the Swedish Energy Agency. The amount of traffic on the roads will diminish and since Flexiwaggon has no need for special loading and unloading facilities, the transport work will be more flexible.Download Logistic Solution
Flexiwaggon offers a win–win solution
Flexiwaggon offers a win–win solution. Besides the obvious needs of society to use the railway to a higher extent for the transportation of goods, the business potentials for the railway operators and haulage companies are enormous.
Calculations show that Flexiwaggon makes it possible for the haulage companies to increase their margins by reducing the consumption of fuel, service and maintenance. When opting for the railway as the means of transport, the haulage companies can lower the capital expenses and achieve major synergies including lower costs for stock-keeping.
The main strength of Flexiwaggon is the flexibility.
The design of the waggon enables:
- Transports according to schedule
- Fast, easy and efficient transhipments of cargo – only takes 7 minutes – driver operated
- Easy to load and unload – the lorry can travel on the waggon with or without the driver
- No disruption to traffic on parallel tracks
- Individual loading and unloading of waggons
- Access to electricity: 110/240/400 volt 50-60Hz, for cooling units or engine heaters